How old-fashioned do you like your oatmeal?
We talked about the various types of rolled oats in the post for oatmeal cookies from Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
From the box of C.N. sold in De Soto, Kansas.
1 c. rolled oats
1/2 tsp. salt
2 c. boiling water
- Put water in upper part of double boiler [duplicated word: boiler].
- When water is boiling add salt.
- Sprinle rolled oats into boiling salted water.
- Boil, over direct heat, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Cover and place the container in the lower part, boiling slowly.
- Cook from 2 to 3 hours.