A casserole version.
From the box of C.N. sold in De Soto, Kansas.
1-1/2 c. chopped meat and fat (5 servings)
1-1/2 c. mashed potatoes
1 tsp. scraped onion
few grains pepper and salt
1/2 c. (or more) boiling water or stock
1 c. crumbs
2 Tbsp. butter
- Mix all the ingredients, except the butter and crumbs.
- Add enough water or stock to moisten the ingredients.
- Place mixture in a buttered baking dish.
- Butter the crumbs.
- Cover the hash mixture with the buttered crumbs.
- Bake slowly until the meat is thoroughly heated and crumbs browned.