There was a time before the Snack Pack.
From the box of C.N. sold in De Soto, Kansas.
2/3 c. sugar
4 Tbsp. flour
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
2-1/2 c. scalded milk
1/2 c. cold milk
3 Tbsp. cocoa
- Scald milk in double boiler.
- Add cocoa to scalded milk.
- Mix flour, sugar, and salt together.
- Add milk and well-beaten egg to the dry ingredients.
- Cook in double boiler, stirring constantly.
- Add egg mixture to scalded milk and cocoa.
- When thick and smooth remove from the fire and add vanilla.
- Serve with cold cream.